Sunday 3 November 2019

Girl Time

Yesterday afternoon whilst Pete was down at the Bowls Club umpiring some competitions, I had some time to myself and along with some sorting out of what projects I intend to make this month, I also decided to try a pattern ...... bother, where is my brain, should be recipe I found on the internet the other day, for mini banana bread muffins. Thought I might share the recipe with you ......

Mini Banana Bread Muffins

Mix together 
        3 bananas (mashed) and 2 eggs.
Now add 
        1/2 cup greek yoghurt
        1/3 cup honey 
        1 tsp vanilla extract
Lastly, add
        1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
        1 tsp baking soda

Mix altogether, and using an ice cream scoop, put into muffin tin.
Top with strawberries or blueberries, chopped walnuts or chocolate chips (175g).
Bake at 350 deg f/180 deg c for 20 mins.

Here are some suggestions from the comments below the recipe:
            Use oat meal flour instead of whole wheat flour
            Use regular Yoplait yoghurt instead of greek yoghurt
            Used 1 1/2 tsps. baking powder and added 2 tsps. cinnamon & nutmeg

It was also suggested that leave them in the oven for 25 minutes - and I have to concur with this.

Makes 12 muffins, and they are s-o yumm.


This has made my mouth water, so I am off to make myself a cuppa and have another one of my muffins.

For now though .....

                                                                                        and thank you for visiting my blog.

1 comment: