Sunday 17 November 2019

Small Projects for the Caravan

What an awful week for all around the country with bushfires flaring up in every state, however it seems the worst states have been New South Wales and Queensland, although thankfully, we have not had any where we are, but there certainly plenty in surrounding regions.




At this point in time, the fires closest to us are one on Moreton Island and another at Ningi which flared up last night with lightning strikes. Oh joy, oh bliss - we got 51 drops of rain last night!


So this morning we have had a float plane dropping down into Pumicestone Passage and scooping up water for the fire over on Moreton Island. We have however like everywhere else been covered with a combined smoke and dust haze.






Have got to say a very heartfelt thanks to all the firies for the fabulous effort that all of them have been putting in. Also our thoughts are with those that are going through the horrendous issues of fighting to save their homes etc - our thoughts are with you all.




Because I am one who does not cope real well with being out in smoke/dust haze, I have been busy in my craft room catching up on making a couple of small, but necessary projects needed for our caravan before we have our next trip away.




First off, I needed to buy some windscreen shade thingys, cut them to size and make 3 (so far) panels to place against both bedroom windows and another for the window on the door. These will keep out the sun, particularly when the van is parked up and gets the severe western sun in the afternoons and I now have one very rotted terylene curtain and to save the others, I felt making these panels would help.









I also decided that my bolster cushion (Barney) that I need in bed to stop me rolling onto my back and possibly having choking fits in the middle of the night, a cover to complement the covers etc on the bed, and although you can't see it all that well, you can see a little of it in this following photo.









I have also made a lovely mug rug from a pattern I purchased from New Zealand a couple of years ago and finally I have got around to making it up, quite pleased with the way it turned out too.







With a little under two weeks to go for this month I had better get moving with a couple of other projects I am working on,


so for now .....




                                                                       
                                                                           and thank you for dropping by and visiting my blog.



2 comments:

  1. I've got caravan projects on my list too, but mine will have to wait till we get back home from this current trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your visit to my blog & the lovely kind comment you left me June. I have been reading of all the fires over your way with alarm - I hope they get on top of them soon & you get more than 51 drops of rai!! Your new creations are lovely, especially love the mug rug. Julie xx

    ReplyDelete