Saturday 15 February 2020

A Couple of Challenges

Finally we have had a couple of fine days, and I was able to pre-shrink some fabric that needed to be done.

For challenge No.1, I have metres and metres of fabric ready to be cut up and, as we usually do, then sew it back together again. This challenge is one for hubby and I need to have all parts finished by the beginning of next month.


At present this is all I can show you, so you will just have to wait for another few weeks - sorry, but hopefully you will like 'the great reveal'!

Challenge No.2 is one I saw on Facebook by Patchwork Therapy in Sunbury Vic., and you were to send $10 and receive a 1/2 metre of fabric in which you were to use a minimum of 50% of it to make anything you wished - bag, wall hanging, quilt, whatever, although it must be smaller than 60" x 60". You can also add any other fabric to this to make up your project, then send your finished item to them by 1 August, and all items will be independently judged for prizes, then if you enclose an envelope with return postage on it, your item will be returned to you.

To be honest I did not give it a great deal of thought, thinking, yes, I can do this!! Had a design picked out and thought how clever I was, and just waited for my fabric piece to arrive. As with all things you plan ahead, I did not received a piece of fabric that would work with the design I had thought of, but that didn't matter, just do a 360 deg. turn and think of something else. I have received this beautiful piece of fabric and have another design in mind - can't wait to get started.


It is now time to sit with my feet up and, surprise, surprise, another project under way. I am making myself a beanie for this coming winter, although the heat and humidity we are having st the moment is not altogether conducive with knitting. However, the fan is on and the air con. is also on - nice and relatively 'cool', so all is good.

'Til next time,

June

No comments:

Post a Comment