Sunday 23 February 2020

'Travel' Mini Quilt Set

Amidst everything that has been going on around here, I managed to complete my fifth set of mini quilts that I have been making - just two more sets to make.

This set is relating to our travels.


I make four little mini quilts for each set so they can be turned over as well as  and also turned around - sounds weird, but they work.

The top LH side is obviously our vehicle and van, beside it is our 'home base' in South East Queensland. Bottom LH side is one called 'Flowering Stump' - when we head up to Bjelke Petersen Dam for our fishing trips, and friends joined us, we would tie off to the stump, and Christine would water the flowers coming out the top - Christine passed away 5 years ago, so this one is for Christine. The final one is a map showing the roads we have travelled, although I have taken the liberty of stitching in the coastal Western Australia road which we will be doing in the middle of this year, other than that we have travelled all the roads that are stitched.

Here is where I have stitched them into two lots of two, add some iron on pellon, before I put them right sides together and stitch around. They are then turned to the right side and the opening stitched closed.

l

Then it is a case of giving them a quick press with the iron and hanging it over the lovely wooden stand that hubby made for me.


I am still going with my #1 challenge with the green and black fabric - more coming about that soon.

For now, sit back, relax and keep stitching.

June

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely idea, great memories of your travels.

    ReplyDelete