Sunday 25 October 2020

Countdown to Christmas - October

 Golly gosh, hasn't the time just flown by? Here we are at the end of October and all I have to show for myself is my little Christmas project for this month. Mind you whilst away I have also been working on my November Christmas project as well. 

This month I chose to go back to one of my original crafts that I loved (and still do) however the eyesight is not all that great for doing it on the finer cross-stitch fabric.


Maybe it was just that this little Santa was actually done on the diagonal - never tried that form of cross-stitch before, and being quite small, I found it quite a challenge, but I persevered and got it done.

I chose to create another of my little hexagonal mats for this project with Santa in the centre. I am really happy with the outcome, and it will look good with another project on a stand behind it for Christmas. Sounds all secretive doesn't it? However, all will be revealed in time, but for now here is my Christmas hexagonal mat.


For now though, with having returned home from our sojourn away, I will have to go and clean up the house - how can a house get so dusty etc when no-one is at home? Plus of course there is the putting away of the bits and pieces we took with us, along with the washing! Ah well, our break away was great, and so sorely needed with having been at home for so long. Guess we have to be thankful that we were able to head away. With our borders not likely to be opened 'til Christmas, we will plan to head up north to Townsville to catch up with some of our family for Christmas.

'Til next time, take care, look after yourselves and keep safe,

June

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet little project. I hope you got all your housework up to date after your trip.

    ReplyDelete