Sunday 18 October 2020

Good Days Stitching/Bad Day Fishing

 I so enjoy our time up here at Bjelke Petersen Dam, and I get quite a lot of stitching and other crafty stuff done. I am making inroads into the Christmas project I have been working on, but sadly will have to wait 'til I get home to finish it off - please be patient, I will get to show it to you in time.

However in the meantime, we have welcomed some friends that have returned for a visit that we met up here three years ago. It has been great and they also brought some more folk that we have enjoyed meeting. 

It has meant we have been able to share happy hour etc around a campfire with lots of fun, including the making of a yummy bacon, cheese and garlic damper.


As if that was not enough, when Pete & I went to do our weekly shopping the other day, we brought back a packet of jumbo marshmallows to have over the campfire. This ended up a hilarious time, as most of us had not had them over a campfire before - what a laugh we all had.

Here is how it looked ....



As if this was not enough fun, we all joined Wendy & Col (Pete's sister & brother in law) at the Wondai RSL for dinner on Friday night. Us girls were the winners when it came to the raffles, however the prizes were claimed by our men folk.


Now I have to fill you in on Pete's bad day of fishing - first off Col rocks up with his boat very early - said he had trouble sleeping! Country folk have a habit of rising early anyway. Then off they go down to the boat ramp and launch the boat, they set off only to realise they forget to take the bait. Back they come, bait taken, and again they set off. Pete manages to get his line tangled with the anchor rope, the wind was so strong that next throw out of his line was caught around the motor. On returning to shore, just as Pete was attempting to get out of the boat, a wave created by a jet ski caught him and he fell out of the boat - oh I would have loved to have seen this!! To top the whole fishing excursion off - they caught no fish! Now I have to ask you - is this a good fishing tale or what??



I think this about where I should finish this missive off and go make a cuppa for the hapless fisherman, so for now, take care, look after yourselves and keep safe.

'Til next time,

June

3 comments:

  1. Yep, that sounds like a fishy tale to me. LOL It really wasn't their day.
    Your stitches look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, my hubby never catches much regardless of where he fishes but his friend catches heaps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of great memories being created there, as well as a good fishing yarn to share in the future.

    ReplyDelete