Wednesday 25 November 2020

Countdown to Christmas - Novemeber

 Hmm ...... another month has flown by, and I am now at my Countdown to Christmas for November. 

I decided after having been away on our trip back in October that I needed to take some time out. Sounds strange, yes, but surprisingly being away is not all 'rest and relaxation' as you might think.

Anyway, as you are aware I began this project whilst we were away and I would now like to introduce you to (L to R) Teddy, Ed & Theodore, a combination of two patterns from Fig 'n Berry.

It has been interesting to take photos through the various stages of creating this design and bringing it to completion. First off of course is doing the stitching, then came the applique of the gifts and stars.

The original designs were stitched using only red and green thread, but I decided I wanted to really make them 'pop' and add all the colour I could.

 I have taken my time doing this project, and deciding just what I would 'do' where.

After the applique stage came the tinting stage ...




Still another stage to go before I am ready to cut them up and create the finished pieces.

I wondered what I would do to make Theodore's Santa hat - I tried several ideas including making a little knitted one, but that looked too heavy for the stitcheries, so it was back to the drawing board and I came up with stitching the outline, shading in the red and green, and completing it with a white fluffy wool to resemble a pom-pom. I also added some sequins to the Christmas tree to create the baubles.


Time now to cut them apart and finish them off with some lovely fabric I picked up whilst away on a day trip to Kingaroy, and add them to the frame that I had purchased from Hugs 'n Kisses in Hobart.

I was surprised that doing three stitcheries would take up quite a lot of time, but they are now finished and completed. I am really really pleased with how they came up. Looking forward to making more triptych designs in the future.

That is my lot for this month, but I am now in full swing in 'Santa's Workshop' beginning to create some 'Secret Santa' gifts, and next month I shall begin to gather what I need to start making new projects for 2021 - let's all hope that it will be a better year than this one has been.

For now though,

Take care, look after yourselves and keep safe.

June

2 comments:

  1. Your new stitcheries look great displayed,ayed on your new frame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were so worth the effort. Just beautiful. It was a great idea to document the process.

    ReplyDelete