Tuesday 30 March 2021

'On The Road' Plan "A"

 It has been a very busy month with many appointments etc. to be seen to. However, I still managed to create another comforter quilt - this one for hubby.

Most of this one I picked out lots of fat quarters in various colours/patterns of blues and browns.


One would have to ask, why do we not just join these fat quarters together to create our quilts? No fun in that though, is there? So I set to and worked out the sizing I needed for this project and started cutting it all ready to place out in a design I was happy with - on the floor of course!


Gathered each row up into a small pile, labelled them and took the lot off to my Sewing Circle to begin stitching them together. Once joined together, it was time to place on the fleece blanket and pin it altogether ready for quilted. That was not a job to be done on the floor.


Time now to fold and roll this quilt to put it under through the machine. Thank goodness I am not trying to create larger quilts.


Oops, nearly forgot, but remembered in time to create a special label for this project. OK, why 'On The Road - Plan A' I hear you ask. Well this comforter is for hubby and in time it will have added to it some of the cloth badges he has been collecting from our travels, however even before I began this one, I will have to have to make a second comforter to add all the extra badges to it - hence that one will be 'Plan B'.

 
Here ten, is the comforter finished ready to have the badges added in time - maybe a hand stitching job whilst we travel on our next trip, whenever that will be.


I have added the following photo so you will be able to see how the cloth badges will be added to the comforter and some of the ones that hubby has been collecting.


Quite pleased with myself that I managed to get this project completed in a month. Now I have the time (due to another snap lockdown) along with the Easter break, I will have plenty of time to begin on hubby's second comforter. Watch this space.

For now though, I wish everyone a safe and Happy Easter.

'Til next time,

June

3 comments:

  1. Such a great idea. The quilt with the badges added will bring g back so many wonderful memories. And hubby must have great fun finding and purchasing each new badge on your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect quilt for hubby and the badges will look great sewn onto it....

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a terrific way to showcase the badges. The quilt is rather understated, but the badges really give it a lift.

    ReplyDelete