Sunday 3 July 2022

On The Road Again

 Goodness I didn't realise just how long it has been since I last posted on my blog. Don't get me wrong I have been busy with stitching, however a lot of what I have been doing is mending - oh I dislike that. First you have to unpick the problem, then redo. First it was replacing the elastic in my winter pyjama pants and then hubby's pyjama top split down the back. All good though and I managed to get it all done before we to get away for a mini break of around 10 days.

Last Wednesday, we set off for Maryborough which is about 250 kms north of Brisbane. In setting ourselves up in the caravan park, we realised just how much we had not brought with us - ah well, stuff happens and it has been over 8 months since we have been away with the van.  We had a restful night before taking in the markets in the centre of Maryborough on Thursday. Because the Mary Poppins Festival is to be held this coming weekend, there were plenty of Mary Poppin look-a-likes parading through the markets. 

I managed to get a photo of the Town Crier though who was holding games for young children.

We then headed off to the Information Centre who had a wonderful display of all things Mary Poppins.

Then it was a case of checking out the public toilets attached to the Town Hall. I have taken several photos of these as you need to see them to believe what has been done to them. It is a case of Michael Angelo eat your heart out! I believe a local painter did all the work on them.

This is the two doors to the ladies toilets.

Now for the chandelier:

The 'piece de resistance' is the gold throne:

Yes, it is actually a gold toilet.

A very busy place with ladies going into the toilets just to get photos, however I myself did have a need to use this - never before and I guess never again will I be in the position to sit on a gold throne.

Our next bit of exploring will be to a tiny locality called Howard about 30kms north of Maryborough that has a well known old fashioned drapery - I have heard so much about it, I am so looking forward to visiting it.

'Til next time,

June

No comments:

Post a Comment