Friday 24 January 2020

Bunting Is Hanging Up

Today we set off on our first trip for this year - just a four day break for the Australia Day weekend and we chose to head around 2 hours from home to a lovely little township called Esk in the Somerset region of the South East Queensland. It has been a stinking hot day with temperatures up around the mid 30's and the humidity reaching 82%. I think we all arrived here just shy of being grease-spots.


However after some lunch and a big slug of iced water, it was time to attempt to put up the bunting. I had not had a 'trial run' at home as it is impossible to get the awning out where we have the van parked. Anyway, with help from my supervisor (hubby) and my co-worker (look for him in the second photo) I managed to use some highly technical ingenuity to attach the bunting to the awning with ...... bull-dog clips - yes you read that correctly. It has worked quite well and with a couple of minor adjustments, I will have a winner.

My Supervisor .....

My Co-worker ......

The guys that run around and do the placement of vans in the park thought the bunting looked so good, he brought his wife (they are the managers) over to see it and she took a video of them and I think (?) she might add it to the caravan park website or facebook page.

Anyway, it is just our first day, so will leave it there for now, go have a shower to cool down and put my feet up and watch the cricket.

'Til next time ....

5 comments:

  1. June are you spending all the time in Esk? Is there much to do there or are you just going to relax? We stop there on our way to the Sunshine Coast from Toowoomba, then it's on to Kilcoy then Caloundra. I love your bunting. We are having a workshop on bunting and bucket hats next Saturday for our simple living group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hunting looks wonderful, so bright and colourful. No wonder the camp managers were impressed! Guess another way to hang it would be to stitch cord or fabric ties to the front of your awning. Looks like the bulldog clips work fine though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bunting looks fabulous.
    Enjoy the break.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m just getting a chance to read this. Isn’t it often the way that a low tech solution is often the best. The bunting looks fabulous. What a great idea. I have a Christmas bunting panel. I may have to make that for the van.

    ReplyDelete