Friday 21 January 2022

The Tea Room Diaries

What an exciting day today, I received a letter that is one of 12  (will be one a month for 12 months) that I ordered back in December - let me explain. During a scrolling session through Facebook back in December I came across a sponsored spot that was about receiving a letter once a month that was from yesteryear and they were from the US. However I was tentative regarding the price they were asking - postage to Australia was a big factor. Anyway, a couple of days later I found another spot for a similar thing and it was here in our own country and the postage was free!!


I signed up for the subscription and eagerly awaited my first letter that was to be posted last Friday, 14th January. It has been a long wait, and in the meantime I purchased a lovely single serve teapot and cup that I proposed to use out in the garden to read my letters.

I found on the website of the Tea Room Diaries what I would receive for my money over the twelve months.

I have been watching their site over the last week or two and in a photo they posted I actually saw my letter ready to be posted.

Well today ..... I received my first letter and it was wonderful to sit in my 'special spot' in the garden, having made myself a lovely cup of tea, and read my letter. It is everything that I thought it would be.


This first letter is the beginning of the 'diary' of Doris Mitchell and her family who emigrated to Melbourne from Cornwall in 1922. I understand that the story was inspired by actual diaries of one of the ladies who has created this incredible story. 

I can't wait to receive my next letter due next month, however I will have to be patient - perhaps a few more cups of tea in my lovely tea set in the meantime.


For now though, take care, and look after yourself.

June



4 comments:

  1. The perfect spot to sit, step back in time and enjoy a cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely thing to participate in. Perfect for taking time out just for you.

    ReplyDelete