Saturday 12 December 2020

Ladies Sewing Circle Christmas Party

 This is what occurred last Tuesday at my Ladies Sewing Circle Christmas Party. It began with us doing a little stitching (of our own), and placing our Secret Santa gifts in a big bucket. We then excitedly waited for morning tea which included a cuppa (of course) and some yummy treats (snack packs of crisps and individually wrapped snowballs - that's marshmallows coated with chocolate and coconut). This was done this way in consideration for Covid restrictions of sharing food.


Next came time to be given our 'secret project' kit that the committee had organized for us to begin. Was very surprised with this as this is my first year with this group and did not know what to expect. It is a sewing project folder with a kit inside for us to begin.




The kit is for a pin wheel, where you stick your pins around the edge of like a round 'sandwich' thing with embroidered top and bottom - this will be what I take with me to take on our trip to far north Queensland for Christmas. Oh I forgot to mention that there was also a little snack bag with chocolates in it too!! Got to have the chocolates!

It was then time to head off to a local tavern for a beautiful Christmas lunch of roast turkey and ham along with the roast potatoes, pumpkin and vegetables. For dessert it was an alternate drop of either pavlova and fruit or plum pudding and custard.

Once back at our sewing studio, we were treated with lots of laughter and mirth as the Secret Santa gifts were given out. This is what I contributed as my Secret Santa gift.


I did them up in one of the Santa sacks that I have made previously and seemed to be a hit.

I might also add here another Secret Santa gift I made for another group of ladies I go out with. 


It consisted of a 'pile' (of 3) lavender pillows and a spectacle case sewing repair kit which I put together.

Really happy how all my Secret Santa gifts turned out.

For now though it is time to begin getting ourselves ready to head off to spend Christmas with our family.

So ..... please continue to take care, look after yourselves and keep safe.

June

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely group you have. Have a safe trip and enjoy being with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas get togethers with stitching friends are such fun. Enjoy your trip away in the van.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a fun day. The first project we made at school sewing in 3rd class was a pinwheel. It featured threaded and whipped running stitch and was then carefully stitched together before adding a twisted chord bow. They were all entered in the local show and I won first prize! It did help that my Mum had already taught me some embroidery before then. I look forward to seeing yours. The gifts you made look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am definitely enjoying your website. You definitely have some great insight and great stories. scarpe dixie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. scarpe north sails

    ReplyDelete