Thursday 7 March 2019

Star Blocks are Done

Yes, I got going and have finished the 'Star Blocks' for my bed runner.

 

I am so impressed with how they have come up, I can't wait to get started on the panels that go in between the blocks. Think though they may take a little extra time - a lot more stitching on them. The design I am doing is my interpretation of a bed runner from Downton Abbey.

The decision has been made (by me) that until the bed runner is finished completely I am not going to venture onto anything else! Having said that, and envisaging a quite day at home stitching tomorrow, a Spotlight catalogue came in the mail yesterday and ....... I am off to visit one of my favourite stores to buy some more fabric - is there no help for those of us that follow this habit??

On Tuesday, just gone, and this afternoon I should be stitching, but with the humidity sitting around 76%, I think I will give it a miss and do some reading instead. What to read, that is the question - I have a number of books on my e-reader, but today in the mail I received a book that I sent for that I am wondering where it has been all my life! You see my friend Karen sent me the link to an article in The Guardian about this book and how stitching/needlework has helped people throughout history to 'heal' with the help of stitching. The book Threads of Life by Clare Hunter sounded exactly like the type of book I would love to read. As I said it arrival today and the 'Beginning' which is before page 1, told me that this book is the one I have been looking for all my life. It is 'A History of the World Through the Eye of a Needle'. Yes!! Can't wait to start reading it in earnest, although I may (if I can hold off) leave it to take with us on our next trip away.



At present I am working on a couple of trip planners for up coming trips. The first is an Army Reunion on the Gold Coast for just three days, but looking at the accommodation and the view! I think a great time will be had by all. Next comes a trip up the coast to Cairns and returning a different route, most probably a bit inland. We have some friends coming from England who will be hiring a motorhome, and us with our caravan, we will set off to show them a small slice of Queensland.

For now though, I think I shall go make myself a cuppa, put my feet up and relax.

To everyone 'til I make another entry .......

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful blocks. Enjoy your expedition to Spotlight.

    ReplyDelete