Friday 26 April 2019

Bedrunner Finally Finished!

It is done! Yes, I have finished my bed-runner, along with the accompanying cushions. I am oh so pleased with the completed look.

Having put it on the bed with the new doona cover (which is made of cream damask) and the bolster cushion in it's new cover, I felt that some 'colour' was missing from the top of the bed, hence I found some left over fabric and purchased a couple of cushion inserts and, hey ..... really pleased with how it now looks.

Our 'before' bedroom ....


Now to show you the 'after' photo .....


I would have posted this a couple of days ago, but have been busy getting ready to head off on a trip to Cairns and back, and we also had ANZAC Day yesterday (25th) - a very long day beginning with the Dawn Service at 4.28am, followed by the Gunfire breakfast at our local RSL Club, then the march and the main service with a fly over of a couple of old war planes just to add to the day.


These are some bears that I made for ANZAC Day last year.


 Following the completion of the service we adjourned into the RSL for drinks and nibblies before getting home in time for a light lunch and a snooze whilst watching the ANZAC Day footy match on TV.

Now it is time to head off and start packing the caravan in readiness to head off with some friends arriving from the UK this weekend.

I may not take my sewing machine this trip, but I will be taking some hand sewing (bears of course!) to keep me going and not suffer from withdrawal symptoms.

For now though ........


See you 'on the road'!

2 comments:

  1. Very classy. Fits in beautifully with the colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen, yes I am very pleased with it.

      Delete