Wednesday 22 March 2023

An Update on The Cross-Stitch

 It is time to let you see what I have been up to with the cross-stitch I started earlier this year for my hubby. As mentioned before, I have had the pattern for about 17 years - let's face it, you can't rush these things can you?

I have finished the soldier and am extremely happy with the colour changes that I made.

You can also see that I have begun doing 'The Rising Sun' badge on the left. I am doing it with one thread of colour and one thread of gold. Not easy to stitch with, and the counting of this section needs complete concentration. However am happy with how it is coming along.

There is still quite a bit to do on this project, and plan to have it finished in time for the 50th anniversary of our defence force returning to Australia at the end of the Vietnam War.

Other than this, I have been catching up with some mending that I can do whilst sitting in the air conditioning - the heat has been very taxing of late, considering we are nearly a month into Autumn.

For the moment I think that brings you up to date, so .....

Until next time,

June

3 comments:

  1. Great progress. Do you use a thread conditioner with your gold thread?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you need to concentrate, that seems very fine work indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi June lovely work ,you are doing well 👏👏👏

    ReplyDelete