Tuesday 13 August 2019

Bag of Bags

I have had two weekends (both three days) that have been free for sewing - oh joy, oh bliss! A lot of preparation work has been done for various projects in the pipeline and you have got to know that when I get the folding table and cutting board out and set up, you know I am about to get serious.


To begin with though I have made a bag of bag for a friends birthday yesterday, and on giving it to her (one inside the other) she wondered what on earth I had done as she kept pulling one out then another, and they kept coming. She did love what I had done though, and was most impressed when I told her all were washable.


Jean was quite intrigued about the 'dinky' little bag with the snap fastener, and was impressed when I told her that that was to put her rings in overnight when travelling so as they don't get dropped or misplaced when you take them off to go to bed.  Just to the left of that one is a cover to put a small pack of tissues in.

Must get off here and get back to my sewing table and continue on with some more prep. work, then I will be able to sit down and put my feet up and do some hand sewing.

For now though ......


                                                                                                and thank you for dropping by.

5 comments:

  1. Hi June wow what wonderful gifts for your friend,those bags are beautiful and very handy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bags within the bags...especially the ring one. May just have to "borrow" that idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't remember how I made it, so had to make another one, write the instructions as I went and take the photos too. You should get it soon.

      Delete
  3. Lovely set of bags.... great for travelling to keep things in. I love the little hedgehog stitchery on your cutting table...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My goodness you have good eyes Fiona, he is part of my September project - I am doing a set of mini quilts for the seasons and Mrs Hedgehog is winter.

      Delete