Sunday 25 August 2019

Countdown to Christmas - August

It's that time of the month again where we are reminded that in reality Christmas is not that far around the corner, and I decided that I would begin with making a project specifically for our festivities this Christmas.


This month I decided to use up a bunting panel (one of 3 in the cupboard I might add) with an Australian Christmas theme.

First off I decided I would match the backing fabric with the various colours of the flags. What a job. It meant I had to put some iron on interfacing onto the back of the panel, I figured that way the sides would not stretch  after I cut them out. here were 30 flags in all.


I then placed them on the various backing fabric, cut them out before whizzing up and down both sides on the overlocker. Considering the number I had to do I felt it was the best way to get them done. Hubby thought I was mad when I started the task of turning them right side out whilst watching TV at night, however it got the job done. I gave them a good press with the iron and trimmed the top edges ready for assembling.


First though came the job of shuffling them around so that I didn't end up with two of the same colour side by side - all good. Next came the folding with the iron of a reel (5m long) of cotton tape. I then got my sewing chair, sat down in front of my cutting table, figured out the placement measurements and set to to pin all 30 of the flags in their right order.


Machining the tape on was relatively easy and I was quite pleased with the finished lot. Now came the quandary of how was I to show them off to you flapping away in the breezes. Got an idea from my friend Karen from Karen's Korner and went outside and pegged them on the clothesline. Simple!



 

I think they will look really good when put up on our back patio come Christmas time. A nice finish for when friends come around for drinks or a barbeque in the summer.

Well for now, that is all and I shall begin to work out my Countdown to Christmas project for next month. In the meantime ....



'Til next time

                                                                                                  thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. Such a great idea, a bit fiddly perhaps to make. Your bunting will look wonderful fluttering outside inder your patio!

    ReplyDelete