Thursday 1 February 2024

The Bears Have Arrived

 Oh my goodness, looks like it is 'bear time' around here - to add to this, I would like to share with you a bit of trivia. Did you know that a lover and collector of bears is called an Arctophile? Yep, so finally I have a title.

I have been quite busy of late as you have come to see, and this time I have begun working on a small cross-stitch fora friend who's daughter is expecting, I have made numerous ones of this pattern over the years - OK I bought the pattern some 25 (?) years ago - but it is lovely and different from the run of the mill birth notice designs you see around. Baby not due 'til May, but I need to get the bulk of it done, so that at the time I just need to add the name and date of birth to complete it, frame it and pass it on. It is one I truely do enjoy doing.

Time to go back to the crafting room to do a bit of mending - one of my pet dislikes when it comes to stitching - and give hubby back a shirt that needs mending.

'Til next time

June

1 comment:

  1. I didnt know that name, sounds very grand indeed for a teddy bear lover. Your new cross stitch project is lovely indeed.

    ReplyDelete