Sunday 25 February 2024

Rudolph Stitching Day - February

I have had the last 4 days with my feet up and doing nothing but stitching. I had a rather nasty sun spot cut out of my leg last Wednesday, and oh my gosh, did it/does it hurt.

Yes, there were a few times when I went and laid down on our bed to give me a bit of  extra relief.

Although I did not do my Rudolph Day stitching until today, I have been busy with some other stitching, and Peter has been wonderful getting meals done (I had prepared quite a few dinners beforehand and put in the freezer), done the weekly grocery shopping etc for me. 

Anyway, today was my day to do my Rudolph stitching. I had gathered my supplies and sat comfortably in my recliner chair and stitched  the day away. Here is what I achieved today, although I have to say that I didn't get as much as I would have liked to done.

I still have the holly leaves to do on this panel, and then another two panels the same before putting my Christmas table centre mat together - then again I have until Christmas don't I?

Tomorrow I head back to the doctors - to have the stitches out I believe. That will hopefully feel better and not 'pull' as much as it does as present.

Time to go and have a bit of chocolate, so .....

'Til next time,

June

6 comments:

  1. What is a sun spot?
    Hope you are better soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Denice, a sun spot is where the sun has caused a possible cancer over numerous years, and yes mine was cancerous, but thankfully after it was 'chopped' out, the pathology report said that they had got it all.

      Delete
  2. Best wishes for a quick recovery and then you can get out and about again. I can imagine how sore this must be, there is not much flesh over the shin for the surgeon to work with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right there Jenny, not much skin to 'do' anything, however it appears that all is good now, and all that is needed is to let this ugly mess heal, which will take quite a while I believe.

      Delete
  3. Good that you were able to rest and recuperate. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you loulee, yes the 'rest' part of this whole saga has been good and I have caught up with a bit of stitching. However I understand that it will take some time to heal - this is what happens when you get 'older'!

      Delete