Tuesday 25 August 2020

Countdown to Christmas - August

The time has yet again got away from me this month, but I have managed to complete my 'Countdown to Christmas' project for this month with the help of Molly & Mama's Sew Along that I came across on the internet. 

It was a Sew Along that ran over 4 weeks and featured Lauren's 'Twas The Night Before Christmas stocking featuring hexagons and a very cute little mouse.


It would appear most people followed Lauren in choosing the Tilda fabric range or something similar. Me being me, decided to 'go out on a limb' and go bold! I also decided that I would not make it the full size - it would have been huge, so I reduced the pattern to 25% and am very happy with the outcome.




I am really happy with how my stocking ended up, although I was extremely fortunate with a mistake I had made - I forgot to turn the pattern over before creating the back of the stocking. However, I realised it before I cut out the shape of the stocking and undid the 2 squares from one side to the other so when it was cut out, they married up and all was good. Of course I also chose to create a fold down 'collar' (the white top part) instead of a binding at the top.

The came the creating of the little mouse, but, again, me being me, and an absolute lover of bears .... I chose to make a cute little bear to add to my stocking. As you know, when I make my bears, they are made with love and just a dash of mischief, well, that happened here as well.


Yep, head first into the pocket on the front.


Time to behave - no fun in that.


I am really, really happy with my effort and look forward to bringing it out come Christmas.

Now it is off to try and finish another project before the end of the month - stay tuned.

For now though, please everyone, take care, look after yourselves and keep safe - South East Queensland looks like it is heading back into lock-down  and it being strongly advisable to begin wearing masks when you are out and about if you have trouble with social distancing. 

'Til next time,

June

3 comments:

  1. A very cute stocking finish....love the teddy in the pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful right stocking, and such a cute little bear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have had fun. It turned out great.

    ReplyDelete