Sunday 30 August 2020

Haven't Knitted for a Long Time

Last month (July) I joined a craft group - Ladies Sewing Circle - and it seems right up my alley. I can go for the friendship, yet do 'my own thing'. On one occasion late last month one of the ladies had a lovely yellow knitted cardigan/jacket on, and although yellow is not my colour, I did like the pattern of the jacket. On the spur of the moment I asked her if I may have a copy of the pattern. The following week, I was given the pattern, so on the way home from my day out, I stopped off at one of our 'cheapie' shops and purchased the loviest colour wool that I have ever seen - it is called watermelon!



I set a goal of trying to get it made by the end of this month. I just loved the colour and the pattern - makes such a difference. It is so long since I had done any knitting, let alone made anything for myself. My supervisor (hubby) was very supportive and encouraged me to keep going, and yes, I made it. The pattern is quite an easy one with the 'ribs' up the pattern, along with cables on the armholes.



Now with just a few days to go to the end of the month, I set to and stitched up my jacket. I have to let you know though that sewing up knitting is definitely not one of my favourite tasks. However, I was determined to get it done - I wanted to wear it before the end of winter!

All done, and here is the 'great reveal' .....



I am really, really happy with my new jacket, and when I wore it to the sewing circle last week, I was met with some very positive comments on my achievement. 

Time now to begin to decide what I will attempt to create next month.

'Til then, take care, look after yourselves and keep safe.

June

6 comments:

  1. Well done on knitting the jacket in the month and I love the watermelon colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi June wow what a fabulous job you did I also love the colour it looks stunning on you,well done I am in a craft group like the one that you are in and they are great hope you have a lovely day June xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job - I like the sleeve length.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wee jacket looks fantastic. handy to have in spring too, for those cooler days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job, well done, your jacket looks lovely indeed. I'm always a slow knitter and it takes me ages to finish anything, so I applaud you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go you! You did get stuck in to have it finished already. It turned out so well.

    ReplyDelete