Sunday 28 May 2023

My Quilting Piece de Resistance

At the beginning of this year I decided I was cutting back on the number of projects I was going to do - ha! Lots of minor projects have cropped up, however I want to show you what I consider my ultimate in my quilting journey.

I found a lovely stand at a craft show displaying a hexagon quilt that was totally hand stitched including the putting together stage. Now, I like a challenge as much as the next person, but this one took my fancy and I had to get involved and start creating what I hope will end up as a gob-smacking beautiful quilt - all hand stitched!


The above photo is not my quilt, I took it at the craft show and so the seed was planted.

Each month you purchase a kit which includes 2 stitcheries to be completed in whatever colours and stitches you choose. Along with transfers to create a second set if required. Then you find fabrics to back each hexagon with and eventually stitch your hexagons together to form your quilt.


I took my time in choosing my background fabrics and eventually decided I wanted to create my very own 'Liberty' quilt. Yes, this is really going to be my Piece de Resistance quilt.


I have stitched Month #1

They are not totally finished though, I still have to do shading on the machine one with watercolour pencils. However I could not wait to see what they would look like on the backing fabric I have picked for them.


This is just pinned, so shading is to be done. Still a lot of work to do, and this is only #1 of goodness knows how many, as each month we get another package. 

Those of us that can visit the Quilted Rose shop just north of Brisbane do so once a month to stitch and chat and exchange ideas on how we create our hexagons.



It is a great project to take with me in the caravan as it is does not take up a real lot of room.

Now though, it is time to do a little more stitching on them on a rather cool Sunday morning.

For now, enjoy your stitching - take care and look after yourselves,

June



No comments:

Post a Comment