Monday 1 April 2024

Sewing Along at a Great Rate of Knots

 Our Easter weekend is all but over and I have to say I am very pleased with what I have achieved this 4 day break.

It began on Friday with me altering a fleece cardigan jacket that I purchased at the end of winter last year, however because I am only half pint size (vertically challenged), I had to shorten the sleeves, and the length of the garment came way below my backside - think it was about 3 3/4 inches (just over 9cm), then of course putting it back together again  - much happier with it now and ready for winter this year. Oh, and don't forget a hot cross bun for morning tea.

Saturday was a cooking day with me making some dinners, muffins and sausage rolls.

Yesterday (Sunday) after having a serve of chocolate, I then made a small bag to hold my small fan along with a folding LED light to take with me to my sewing group if required.

Still feeling in the mood for more stitching, I found that I had time to 'fix up' the fabric lining for my basket I take to my sewing group. The reason I had to alter it was that it came with my previous basket which fell apart some time ago, so I bought myself another stronger basket and the lining didn't fit it properly, so I unpicked it and made some alterations to the base of it and it now fits perfectly.

So as you can see, my weekend was put to very good use. Very happy with what I achieved.

'Til next time

June

1 comment:

  1. Good on you fixing up those projects to make them fit better.

    ReplyDelete