Tuesday 26 February 2019

The Creation of Barney and The Three Bears

Sounds like a good combination doesn't it? But that is what I have been doing this last couple of weeks, and with a 'cyclone weekend' to prepare for, I got all my machine stitching done ready to sit down and hand stitch/fill bears if the power went out.

What a fizzer! Cyclone Oma decided to stay out to sea and other than massive swells and beach erosion, the Queensland coast survived fairly well unscathed.  I did however get all my projects for this month finished.

To start with, I needed a pillowslip/cover for a bolster cushion I require in bed to stop me rolling onto my back - Barney was created, and although he is not bad, I think I did a pretty decent job of making him look presentable instead of going to bed naked so to speak. Let me know what you think. Have to say though Pete is not at all impressed - I think he is just jealous that he has to share our bed with some one else. As you can imagine, our bed is now a little crowded.



With that job done, it was onto completing some bears I had started for a friend who had three new grandchildren in a week as mentioned in my last post.


Well, they with their sleep bags are now done ready for delivery. I am quite pleased with how they went and I hope they will be well loved.



Surprisingly I still had time left over for this month so ...... I got out the fabric I had purchased to make the bed-runner for our bed. The design was all set to go, and I must admit I was a little apprehensive making that first cut.



But once I got into it, I found I was quite enjoying sitting and getting into it. I am really, really pleased with how the stars came up.


 Now they are ready to position on the actual block and to stitch them on. The fact they look so good has inspired me to really keep going and get it done. Can't wait to start on the other panels that go in between the star blocks and then begin putting it all together.

I guess with this all done this month, I had better make an effort to do some housework - not one of my favourite tasks around here, but as there is no one else to do it, it is up to me .... ah well, just think what I will come back to when I sit down and put my feet up.

For now though my friends, it is time to sign off 'til next time ...

1 comment:

  1. Barney looks very comfy reclining back there. The bears are just the cutest and your stars look lovely. I can see why you want to press on with them.

    ReplyDelete