Sunday 30 July 2023

Hexis under way

 I have finally begun to get under way with my hexagons for the quilt (long term project I would say). Been caught up with other small projects as well that I felt needed to be completed. The first 4 are finished and I have begun to get going with the next group.

What makes these look so special - in my opinion - is that you can use the watercolour pencils to add shading to your designs. You can see it more on the pansies than the sewing machine (it's shading is light blue). The other two 'sampler' hexis are stitched using the coloured threads from the 'picture' designs.

Having a quiet morning - such glorious weather for winter in Queensland - that I think I might gather my project folder with the next lot of hexis in it and go out on our verandah to stitch.

Have a great day everyone, 'til next time,

June

No comments:

Post a Comment