Thursday 23 August 2018

Another Challenge!

Pete came to me quite some time ago and asked if I could make a cover/bag in which to put/store the fishing rods we take with us on our fishing trips.

Well .... that set the old grey matter into a spin, and with his input, a sort-of design was hatched.

Off to Spotlight (only store available to buy fabrics these days) and I purchased some lightweight canvas to make said bag/cover. Oh, and for once I remembered to buy some thread to match the fabric.



The cutting table as you can see was in place and measurements were taken - 4 fishing rods rolling around the place did not help, but eventually I managed to get it all worked out (I thought) and off to the sewing machine I went.



As I got further into this project my confidence started to wain, but after a few tweaks here and there, I think I made a pretty fair fist of the job.  The extra fabric on the left (in the photo) is a flap that goes over the rods before they are rolled up. Also from this photo you can see I was down to three rods - the fourth was back down in the shed having it's line replaced ready for an upcoming fishing trip in the near future.

I also added a tie to keep it rolled up and the rods safe, however since the following photo was taken I have added another two ties just to keep it firm.



Have another project just about finished, should complete by the end of the week (I hope), if not certainly by the end of the month.

So it is back to my lounge chair to do some hand-stitching, but for now .....




No comments:

Post a Comment