Saturday 31 August 2019

Wedding Time

For the whole of this month I have been working on a lovely couple that finally I have finished.

My hairdresser who has had a rough ride the last few years (medically) and last weekend she got married. She is one person who really deserves some happiness so I made them a couple of kindness bears as a special gift.

The bears actually were the easy bit, considering that I gave both bride and groom some pants to begin with, although I did change the lace on the brides knickers as I thought it may make the dress flare out too much, so she still has laced edged knickers, but just flat lace.


then the shoes were added, before they were 'fed' and the real bride and groom began to evolve.


Next began the outfits, easier said than done - I had no patterns, all I had was the actual pattern for the bears. So I set about creating patterns for the outfits. I saw a photo of what the groom would be wearing - yep, that's straight forward, umm ..... sort of. For the bride the only description I got was lacy, sleeveless, high neckline and a train. Yes, well ......  the following is what my interpretation of that description was.



I am going down to have my hair done on Tuesday, the new brides first day back at work, so I will take them down to her then. I hope she likes them and they give her a smile.

Hopefully there will be no 'hanky-panky' in the box I will use to deliver them - photo to come.

For now though, time for a well earned rest, and a cuppa in which to think about next months projects.

In the meantime .......

                                                                                                  and thank you for dropping by.

3 comments:

  1. They look so cute. What a unique gift and they are sure to bring a smile to anyone who looks at them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful gift..... I love the wedding bears...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi June what a beautiful thing to do for your friends those bears are beautiful as is your heart my friend,well done ,hope your day is a good one my friend xx

    ReplyDelete