Friday 29 May 2020

The Baby Elephant Walk

Goodness, can't believe we are at the end of May already, and that we have basically been in 'i-sew-lation' for over 8 weeks. However all is going well around here with beautiful sunny days which allow me to go sit out on our front verandah and do some hand stitching, but for the moment I have finished all the hand sewing I had.

I have completed a project that I am really happy with and is for a friend who is expecting a baby in August, but I thought I would get it done and out of the way, particularly as I have another project that takes up a lot more time that will have to be completed by the middle of July.

For now though, I thought you may like to see the Baby Elephant I have made.



In each of the two 'saddle' pockets I will be placing small bits and pieces for the baby.



I will also be purchasing/making something for the new mum to add to the package. When I had my daughter some 41 years ago, a relative did this for me, saying that the mum does all the work and deserves a special little 'something' for her effort! I totally agree, so whenever I have given a gift for a new baby, I always include a little gift for the new mum.

Well that completes another month and I am looking forward to getting out the blocks etc. I had started  back in April and now have the time to complete it. 

So for now, time for a rest with the feet up and read some more of my book.

'Til next time,

June

4 comments:

  1. Oh the Elephant with the bits and pieces is a lovely gift..
    Nice idea to have something for the Mum too.
    Hope you enjoyed reading your book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet, what a lovely baby gift. And such a great idea to add a little something for the new Mum too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute little elephant.....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, yet practical. I always include a gift for any siblings as well, as they often get overlooked.

    ReplyDelete