Tuesday 16 July 2019

Back to My Sewing Room

It seems such a long time since I was last in my sewing/craft room that I was amazed just how tidy it was. Not any more though, by the time I unpacked the fabric I had purchased while away, one could say it was back to being a mess.

Haven't had a real lot of time to get behind the sewing machine though, what with catching up on the washing, ironing, cleaning etc. that comes with the end of a trip, I decided that I would dig out my knitting needles and do a bit of knitting at night whilst watching a bit on the tv.

So .... the background to this fun item is that I purchased a re-usable mug whilst on the boat/ferry crossing Port Phillip Bay in Victoria from Sorrento to Queenscliff. It was a cold, wet miserable day and a hot drink was most welcome.

Then somewhere further along on our trip, a lady (can't remember where) suggested I make a mug sweater for my new mug. Not wanting to appear ignorant, I smiled and nodded my head - yes I would look at doing that.  When I got the chance I looked up Mr Google, and oh my goodness ..... I was gob-smacked at the pictures I found, along with a few free patterns to make some. I waited patiently until I got home, downloaded and printed off a couple of the patterns, and considering it has been such a very chilly weekend, I dug out my knitting needles and some wool and off I went. As my mug was a different size than the patterns called for, I had a bit of knitting, undoing, knitting again, Pete just shook his head, but when I had finally finished it and sewn it up, the result bought a smile to his face.

Now, to see what you think.


For now though .....
                                                                                         and thank you for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. Hi June sounds like you had a wonderful trip,you made me laugh when the lady mentioned a mug sweater and you pretended you knew what it was,lol,thank goodness for Mr Google.
    Wow your mug sweater looks fantastic,what an awesome job you did,well done my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back home to your sewing room, you will soon be extra busy with various projects, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete