Tuesday 15 October 2019

A Busy Week

We have now been back home for a week and I have been quite busy catching up with washing, cleaning etc of both our house and caravan. The final loads of washing were done yesterday and, today I caught up with the ironing - all good!

Yesterday afternoon we did manage to take some time out to go and visit some friends who 6 weeks moved into their new home for afternoon tea. A lovely home and her craft room is to die for, so help me. Her husband jokingly (?) suggested that the rest of the house was designed around the craft room.

On returning home, I looked around my craft room/office and decided that although it was reasonably tidy - as much as a craft room can be - there was still room for improvement. To start with, I am starting to go through lots of papers etc from years gone by, so today, after the ironing, out came the first of numerous containers loaded with papers, and along with a bin for recyclable stuff, a bin for rubbish and the shredder, I made a start. Gosh my room looks a mess, but as they same, no gain with out the pain. It will take me time, but I am determined to clean the rubbish out once and for all.

I have also made a move to give myself plenty of time to do some stitching as well, it would really be withdrawal symptoms if I didn't.

To this I would like to add my thanks to Kris from Tag-a-Long Teddies for the lovely pattern I received as the winner of the September OPAM - thank you again Kris.

As mentioned at the beginning of this post, we have only just come home from our fishing trip, however, we are off again this coming weekend - without the caravan - heading for Sydney for the weekend where we will meet up with son and daughter-in-law and go see the spectacular of The Royal Military Tattoo that is out here again from Scotland. I understand that it actually will be the biggest one ever held with over 1600 performers. Will post some photos next week.

For now though,


That does not include mending jobs either - that to me is not stitching!

                                                                                          Thanks for dropping in to read my blog.



3 comments:

  1. You will have to "show" me your room on Thursday. Congratulations on winning OPAM.....enjoy your prize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful, enjoy your trip to Sydney and the Military Tattoo. Some years ago we had a trip to UK, with one of the many highlights being tickets to the Edinborough Tattoo, just marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. enjoy yoiur trip... what a lovely event to go and see...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete