Tuesday 29 October 2019

Day Trip

Don't get me wrong, I love setting off and exploring other places, even for a day, however I do like to catch my breath at home too.

Last Saturday Peter had a conference he was to attend (full day) up at the University of Sunshine Coast, and bless their hearts, the association concerned put on a day out for the spouses.

Got to the pick-up point for me (outside the Mantra Mooloolaba Beach) early as Peter needed to find his way back to the University, which left me time for a cuppa and raisin toast - yumm!


Now from where I was sitting in the alfresco dining area, you had a wonderful view of the beach and the shopping precinct.



Time to head back to the front of the Mantra in time to be picked up and whisked away to spend some time at the Eumundi Markets not that far from Noosa, Ginger Factory at Yandina, a little way down the road, before being returned to the Mantra.


The markets were quite busy with lots of people strolling around, enjoying what was on offer to buy, along with musicians and food stalls so you could try whatever took your fancy.




Around 12 we got back on the bus and headed to Yandina and the Ginger Factory. This Ginger Factory used to be at Buderim on the Sunshine Coast many years ago, outgrew it's premises and hence made the Move to Yandina where they have really made it into a tourist attraction. It was here we enjoyed a lovely lunch before having a look around the place.

This is the small lake beside the outdoor dining area where we had lunch.


Time for a little bit of walking to explore the various shops there, just the other side of the lake.


It was in this particular shop that I picked up some very yummy fudge and some apple tree tea bags - they have a delicate flavour and are particularly nice and refreshing in the summer when you let them cool off.

On the way out, we had a look at the variety of products available to buy that had ginger as their main ingredient.



Before we got the bus back to the Mantra we had time to go across the road and pay a visit to the Nut Works, where they process mainly macadamia nuts.



Back at Mooloolaba, our group of adventurers broke up and I went for a walk the whole length of the main road along the waterfront, as I had q while to wait for Peter to finish and come and pick me up. Didn't get too far before I stopped and purchased a very delectable tiramisu ice cream cup - just a small one mind you.



Continuing on my walk, the next stop was at a souvenir place where I purchased a really nice sun hat that fits! My head is not all that big and I find the adult hats come down all but over my eyes, so I have to try and find reasonable kids ones, that don't look like kids ones if you know what I mean.



Got to the end of the street, crossed over and walked back along the beachfront. So different from looking at the ocean in the morning, the wind had really got up, and parts of the beach were closed.

However, I just had to take a couple of photos to show you, the only one of it's kind - a loo with a view. Yes, you read that right.



After nearly being blown over, I decided to head back towards the Mantra and wait in the foyer (a little calmer than outside) for Peter to arrive.

A very long day, tiring, but most enjoyable. Found out next year's conference will be down at the Gold Coast.

As we have been in and out this month, I have not had a real lot of time for stitching, so I shall close off and go see about the projects I plan to do next month.

For now though ...........


                                                                                  and thank you for visiting my blog.









2 comments:

  1. Pretty sun hat, I have the opposite problem to you, have to find one big enough to fit my head! Seems your group of ladies had a lovely time exploring the markets.

    ReplyDelete