Thursday 17 October 2019

Packed and Ready to Head Off

Our bags are all but packed ready to head off tomorrow morning to head to Sydney and a visit to the Royal Military Tattoo on Saturday night. Tomorrow our son and daughter-in-law will pick us up at the airport and we get to spend their wedding anniversary with them with dinner at the Sydney Tower revolving restaurant. Then time to catch up with them before we all head to the Tattoo on Saturday evening - so looking forward to it. We believe that it will be the largest number of peformers ever assembled - even in Edinburgh. Look for photos next week.

However, whilst sitting around doing very little (ha, ha!) I managed to make a cute little bag for my coffee cup to compliment my mug rug which I made several years ago, and it is thanks to Kris from Tag-a-Long Teddies for the design of the bag. Let's face it, we never throw out those left overs - they may come in handy one day! And they did!!

I did not begin with a real lot of fabric - just left overs, but I set myself the challenge and yes! I managed it.



Now for my finished articles:


As you can see below, I actually went a step further and put a small pocket on the back for a tea bag and if required a sachet of sugar.


As you can imagine, now there is very little fabric left, but still I can't bring myself to throw what's left out - might just need these little scraps one day.


For now though, it's off to finish packing, a good night's sleep before heading for the airport in the morning.

'Til next time ......

                                                                                        thanks for dropping by.

2 comments:

  1. Have a great trip! We are heading away today too, in the caravan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the Tattoo. Love your mug bag.

    ReplyDelete