Monday 25 November 2019

Countdown to Christmas - November

Time is flying by and there is so much more that has to be done before the 'Big Day', and me being me, couldn't help myself when I signed up for an Mystery Advent Stitchalong for the month of December - ah well .... a new stitchery pattern to do each day with the finish I understand to be revealed Christmas Day - should be interesting.


This coming Christmas will be a little different for us, sharing it with our daughter-in-law's family and they have chosen a Secret Santa theme along with the fact that they seem to be very much into sustainability and no excess wastage. So for this month's countdown, I created some Santa Sacks for my our Secret Santa gifts.




Another thing I would like to ask my stitching blogging friends - I have decided (don't ask how many years it has taken me to get to this point - it is quite embarrassing really) that I need to find out the correct needles to use if I am to continue on what I consider my 'niche' for my sewing, that is my hand embroidery pieces.


I got in touch with Kris of Tag-A-Long Teddies and asked her advice, all good, and I purchased said embroidery/crewel needles #9 and felt they were too thick, hmm ...... so when I was doing a bit of fossicking in the cupboard, came across another packet of said #9 embroidery needles - tried one of those and was very happy with it. How can 2 packets (different brands) of the same size needle be so very different?


Put one from each packet side by side and asked Pete if he could see any difference in them and he agreed with me that they definitely were different - can I ask what your opinion is from the following photo.






As you can see from the price on the packet on the right - it appears I may have had then for a while. The ones on the left cost me $3.25 week before last.


It is time for me to close off and go do some housework, although that would not be my preference for the rest of the day, as I am still trying to finish another project before the end of the month.


'Til next time,




                                                                                                   and thank you for dropping by.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you are all organised for the big day. A definite difference in the needles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the santa bags.... great idea and they look wonderful too. Send me your address and I will send youi a couple of needles that I use.... I will be surprised if you don't like them

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of the sustainable gift bags, something we should all try.

    ReplyDelete