Wednesday 11 March 2020

A Great Day Out with the Girls

Yesterday was a lovely day out with girls from various quilting/craft groups around our area.



 It was however still raining when we left our pick up point, but as we got closer to Brisbane it eased right off, though not before we got to our first stop off.



Everyone seemed to enjoy this spot and bought up quite a lot, although I felt, this was only our first stop ..... could be just as good a range at our other two stops. So I purchased a fat quarter of a cute little teddy bear fabric and some iron-on interfacing.

Because it was still a bit like rain outside, it was decided to go to 'Plan B' for morning tea. Instead of a picnic morning tea in the park, we had it at the back of East Coast Fabrics - bless their hearts for allowing the change of plans.

After filling up on lovely home made cakes and slices as well tea and coffee, we all climbed back aboard the bus and continued our journey down to Boondall and Make It Sew - quite a squishy shop, particularly when you have a bus load of customers, but still managed to find what we were all looking for.


Lots and lots of themed and bright fabrics, and I have never seen so much habby stuff anywhere - not even Spotlight (OK that's not so hard!). 


They also had a few quilts hanging up as well. Here I purchased a panel of little caravans that will be ideal for making mug rugs, and a skein of DMC Ecru thread - sorely needed.


After a reasonable time here, it was off to Sandgate for lunch and Russell's Fabrics. It was suggested half of us go over to Russell's prior to getting our lunch and the other half, have your lunch first - good suggestion.

After making my purchases,which included a piece of fabric with Australian wildflowers printed on it - just what I need for another of my mini quilts, it was off to the Coffee Club for a really nice lunch in their outdoor area (which is just on the left of the following photo).




After the bus picked us back up around 1.45pm, we headed for home, only to have to take a detour as there apparently was an accident further up the highway - traffic was beginning to back up and the highway stated to look like a parking lot!

I almost forgot to mention that, as usual on bus trips like this, there were some raffles, and I managed to score myself a prize - think there was about 8 all up. Mine was a lovely hand made bag - be nice as a knitting bag I think, however it was what was inside that drew many a laugh on the bus!


Yes, a couple of rolls of toilet paper - just what we might need in these days of coronavirus eh!



After showing hubby what I had bought I thought I had better take a photo to show you, my blogger friends - so here is my humble purchases for the day, and although I did not buy very much, I was happy with what I did buy and had a lovely day out as well.



Well, today it is back to my stitching in an endeavour to complete a project ready for next week. So for now,

Take care .....

June

3 comments:

  1. looks like a fun day....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely trip away on the bus, quilt shops, a little buying, lunch and friends to share the day with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A day spend quilt shop hopping with friends is Always a good day, no matter where you live! It is one of my favorite things to do. Looks like you had a good one. Love the bag you won.

    ReplyDelete