Tuesday 17 March 2020

Murphy Just Couldn't Stay Away

Finally I am able to reveal the project that I have been working on for the past 5 weeks. I posted a photo a little while ago of some green and black fabric I was going to be working on, well ...... here is what I made from it.



Here is my very own Leprechaun. Hubby had asked me to make him an outfit to wear to his lawn bowls game today. All went well, I believe.

It seemed from the outset that 'Murphy' was going to visit and create havoc. Hubby is not exactly 'normal' size as are patterns - had a few issues with that. Then the jacket needed to be fully lined - the pattern I used didn't allow for that, did it? ad to basically create my own pattern to make the 'spats' to go over his white bowls shoes with a bit of elastic o go underneath the shoe to keep them in place. Oh, and the vest ...... it too is fully lined, and I adjusted the sizing, however when it came to doing the buttonholes (which I really dislike doing - particularly doing them in black), I got hubby to put it on the see where I would place said buttons and buttonholes, and was reasonably pleased with myself when I had done them. BUT .... I then realised that I had done them on the wrong side - OK if the vest was to be worn wrong side out!! In this case I was thankful that it was done in black, they really didn't show too much and I was able to get away with it. 

I am not entirely happy with my effort, but a lot of work went into it. The jacket, vest and 'spats' for his bowls shoes are all fully lined.

Now I can pack it all away and continue with other projects I have 'pending'.

For now though, in these uncertain times, take care and look after yourselves.

June

3 comments:

  1. Hubby looks fantastic in his Leprechaun Suit.
    Sew good you got it finished even with the mistake....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Murphy! Great work on the outfit, such a big job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done....looking forward to seeing what is "pending".

    ReplyDelete