Friday 27 March 2020

What Has Happened to The World??

Golly gosh, you have just got to wonder as to what is happening around the world haven't you. Sadly at this point in time, it doesn't seem to be improving either. Guess we shall just have to wait it out for a while longer - how ever long that may be.

However, for us sewers/stitchers or whatever name you like to refer to yourselves as - me ..... a creative needleworker, I am sure that none of us are short of projects to start or complete with this time that we have 'holed up' in our homes. I know I certainly have plenty to keep me going - dare I admit that I could most probably keep myself occupied for a couple of years at least.

After my lovely weekend away (wasn't I lucky to get that in?) and finishing hubby's outfit, I decided to give myself a break for about ten days before getting back into 'it'. So my first Corona project is some fruit & vege bags for myself. As you may recall I made some (this first photo) for part of my Secret Santa gift just before Christmas. 


Well, I found the left over fabric and decided to make some for our own use. I am really, really chuffed to think that I had enough fabric and coloured scraps (for tops) AND I had all the right coloured threads to match AND not once did my bobbin run out!! Now just got to wait for next shopping day.



I have also done some 'dolly washing' as hubby calls it, in preparation for my next project. You may remember I purchased a pack of 14 fat 1/8's whilst up at the 'Girl's Stitch In' at Highfields the other week, well they are all pre-shrunk and ready to go.


This is what they look like on the piece of fleece I am going to add this patchwork top to.


Quite looking forward to making a start on this.

For the moment though I am going to go and put my feet up and relax after a full day's sewing. In the meantime, please look after yourselves and keep safe.

'Til next time

June

5 comments:

  1. You were lucky to get your get away in before lockdowns....
    Great vegie bags.
    Look forward to seeing what you create with the new fabrics and fleece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the world seems to be changing each and every day. Who would have thought at the beginning of March that our lives would have changed so much. Enjoy your sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, you were lucky. We weren’t. We were supposed to be at an Atlantic Caravan rally at Gulgong this weekend. 😟 like you, I could stitch for years with what I have here. The fabrics you bought are so pretty. I’m looking forward to see this project progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely veggie bags, well done. I made a couple of knitted cotton ones from a kit which work very well too.
    I think we all have plenty of fabrics to keep us going during this at home time. Luckily I purchased some batting and sewing cottons just before New Zealand went into lockdown. I've got plenty of fabric and UFOs, certainly won't be running out any time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great veggie bags....We are very fortunate to have lovely things to keep our minds and hands occupied x

    ReplyDelete