Tuesday 27 October 2020

A Lovely Surprise Today

 Back at the end of July I posted a quilt I made for a challenge I had entered by Patchwork Therapy in Victoria. Well, it really has been a trial and finally today my quilt made it back home where it now has pride of place.


Along with receiving my quilt today, there was an envelope in with it - I had shared 3rd prize with another lady. It would appear that because the judge could not travel (due to Covid) from Melbourne, Nada (Patchwork Therapy) took photos of the finalists and sent them to ten friends around the world for them to vote. So this makes it all that more special, to think my quilt has been judged by a world wide group! I received $50 as my prize and have decided to spend it when I visit a patchwork shop on the Sunshine Coast purchasing more fabric - as you would - for another project in the pipeline.

To see photos of the other finalists, please check Patchwork Therapy's facebook page.

'Til next time,

June


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your placement, and how cool to have your work judged by an overseas panel! You will be so pleased to have your lovely quilt returned safely to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done. You put a lot of work into it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done. What a thrill. I can understand you are glad to have it back home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done .. Sew good to home your lovely quilt home again after the long journey.

    ReplyDelete