Monday 16 September 2019

A Lovely Day Out

We have been a little disappointed with the fishing this year - more about that later - so decided on a day out to cheer ourselves up.

For a number of years, I have wanted to visit a Lavendar Farm nearby just SE of Kingaroy, and Saturday came the opportunity to do so. It is only open to the public on Saturdays and Sundays from 10am 'til 4pm. So off we went ......



It was a beautiful sun-shiny day with NO wind - yay!! And once you walked up the garden path, through the portico (on right of photo under the sign) you walked into another world of wonderful bits and pieces - you really could go nuts in a place like this, but I contained myself with just taking some photos to show you.



After having a cursory look around, we decided to order morning tea, and have a better look after the stomach stopped rumbling.



The gardens are so, so pretty with all the lavender, and the smell ..... just beautiful and of course the lavender flowers were buzzing with bees as well. Everything was lavender, including the cups, saucers and plates, and with our morning tea were a couple of stems of lavender that we could take with us. I have put mine between a folded up tissue and placed it at the back of the book I am reading - it is very thick, so the weight will be good for the flowers.

With this feast finished Peter took a photo of me seated amongst the lavender pots before we went into the actual lavender shop.



Oh my goodness, what a delightful place, and the perfume was heavenly. Here is where my shopping started and ooh! Lots and lots of lovely items, and the prices weren't too bad either.

They even had a corner for Christmas.


Decisions, decisions, what to buy .... I thought I had everything I wanted, after being reminded (yet again) that the van had weight limits, and took my lot up to the counter, only to have another lady say she must get a bag of lavender, ahh ... I hadn't picked up a bag of lavender, OK I had a Senior's moment, so off I ducked to pick up a bag - shopping done.


The drive home was pleasant as well, although the countryside is so very, very dry. However, without the wind it was quite nice.

Back at our caravan, out came my purchases, and, yes you guessed it, our van now smells of lavender, makes for a nice calming atmosphere.

Time to pack it away and get on with some stitching, so until next time ......


                                                                                                     and thank you for dropping by.








5 comments:

  1. Hi June wow i love lavender farms and this one is a beauty,and double wow it has xmas stuff there as well,i would've been in my glee,lol.
    How lovely to have your van smelling of calming lavender xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. June, I used to grow lavender when we lived at the lake! I had over 100 plants and you're right, it IS heavenly and I miss my plants. I was told if you store them in a container (a jar) in a closet you can enjoy that smell for 40 years!! Bring some out in a sachet now and then.
    I don't know how to get in touch with you. I appreciate you visiting my blog but blogger won't let me reply to comments so i can't visit with you. The "contact me" on your information page doesn't work, either. I need your email but don't know how to get it. What do we do?
    Yes, though, the camping trip we went on was far from what I imagined camping to be. We have smaller here, and we have much bigger, too, as I'm sure you do, too. Just know I was grateful for the size our friends had!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is my sort of day out. It reminds me of the Lavender Farm that was at Erina many years ago. I spot a cute teddy bear stitchery in your shopping haul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lavender is one of my most favourite scents.... that looks a lovely place to visit and I'm sure they much appreciated your assistance in the local economny!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful, wonderful sights and the lovely scent of lavender. Of course you had to buy a few things to take home.

    ReplyDelete