Saturday 28 September 2019

Another Set of Mini Quilts finished

With the weather warming up the last week or so, it has been lovely sitting out under the trees doing my stitching. Pete has been going out fishing with his brother-in-law of late, it has meant I can really concentrate on my stitching and has enabled me to complete this set of mini quilts I have been working on for ages. This set is called 'Seasons' for obvious reasons.


They are made up of 4 x 7" mini quilts that can be either made up of stitcheries, patchwork or whatever takes your fancy. This completes the 4th set I have made over the last three years, with (at this stage) another 3 sets I have planned. You really could go mad and just keep making sets as you think of new ideas I suppose. My seven mini quilts will give me a total of 28 mini quilts, and I can then change them each fortnight and a couple of spares.

To date I have made a set called 'Celebrations' take in Christmas, New Year, Easter and of course a Happy Birthday one. Then there is 'Crafty Sayings', and 'Other Sayings'. The others in the planning stages are 'Travel', 'Uniquely Oz' and how can I forget to make a set of 'Teddy Bears'?

The little stand was made by Pete for me and the quilts sit nicely on a small coffee stand in our lounge-room.

Spring:

Summer:

Autumn:

Winter:

I am really pleased with the way they have come up and am looking forward to setting them up on my little table at home.

For now though, I must finish off - 'til next time .......


                                                                                            and thank you for dropping by for a visit.

6 comments:

  1. June, I'm commenting on your comment to MY post! Yes, I do think we are in the Twilight Zone! I did schedule it for Dec. 10!
    And I LOVE your little stitchings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mini quilts are so nice and seasonal! How nice to have your hubby make you that special stand for them, lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi June i love your little mini quilts,beautiful work my friend,well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your mini quilts …. so fun to have and change them around... lovely little frame Pete made for you to display them...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have captured each season beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your mini quilts. I'll stop in again.

    ReplyDelete