Thursday 19 September 2019

Fishing or Stitching?

We have been out on the dam quite a number of times now, and yet ...... not much bait to be had and the fish ........ well Pete has caught several each day (bait permitting) but very, very few 'keepers'. Think it has amounted to three!


This one was just over 40cm, however most that were caught were under the required 30cm, then again, he caught a few cat-fish or some call them jew-fish. Ugly looking things with a face that only a mother could love. Oh they are gross!

Well, that is the fishing report for this week. Oh other than to let you know that Pete went out by himself this last Tuesday, and when he came back in, he told me we may be up for a new remote control for our vehicle. Oh? It appears as he was trying to get into the boat, with one leg over the side and, for whatever reason, the other leg just did not want to lift and get in the boat.  I must add here it was on the side of the dam in about 8" (?) of water. Now usually one (at times) trips/falls/slips out of a boat, but not Pete. It was very difficult not to smile, let alone laugh at this situation, but then came the bit about the remote - it was in his shorts pocket and of course it was that side that got wet, wasn't it? Being the dutiful wife, I just said OK, and today when we went into Murgon (nearest town) we called into the car dealership and Pete was told that as he had 'dried the remote out' whilst he continued fishing, and it appears to still work, all should be good. Thank heavens for that - I think a new remote is something in the vicinity of $6-700.

Now for my craft report - it has been a great week for me, sitting back and stitching away either under the awning of our caravan, watching the world go by, or out in the boat watching what the pelicans are doing on the water, or the cattle munching on the side of the dam.


I have also been busy inside the van where I set up my sewing machine and small ironing mat and away I go.





If you remember when we were on our trip earlier this year up to Darwin, we called into Mataranka and I purchased a lovely caravan purse, well, I decided I would have a go at making one for a friend for her birthday (she and her hubby have a van too), and this is a photo of my attempt.



I'm quite pleased with my effort considering I had to create a pattern for it, and put a zipper in it - not a job I like doing.

I am now onto my Countdown to Christmas project for this month and another project I hope to complete by the end of the month - busy, busy, busy. Who has time for fishing?

Found a new saying this week, and it is me to a tee!
'Til next time,


                                                                                                 and thank you for visiting my blog.

6 comments:

  1. Great home away from home sewing spot. I see you have the wine within easy reach of the machine and the iron. Love the caravan pouch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice sewing set up you have in the van, are you on power? Or perhaps an inverter?
    I didn't know Jew fish was actually cat fish. I had Jew fish on our Indian Pacific train trip in the restaurant car and quite liked it. Wouldn't have ordered the meal if I knew it was actually cat fish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Jenny, we are on power, although at times we do loose it occasionally, though not often.

      Delete
  3. Happy fishing for Hubby... do you get to eat it? I love fresh fish. Great sewing spot... I like the bottle of wine near the sewing machine!!! haha... Such a lovely caravan purse... well done in making the whole thing up...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Fiona, we do get to eat the fish, although I am not a fish eater, so Pete gets to have his 'fill'. I sure needed the wine yesterday - I was mending one of the curtains in the van, and I truly was cursing etc trying to put the thing back up.

      Delete
  4. Hi, June, I still can't get to your email. Apparently I have to create a new account and I don't know how or want to do that...I guess you will have to trust that I am seeing your comments on my blog and appreciate the visits. Unless we can get blogger to behave.

    ReplyDelete